One year old!
Kasen turned one year old on Monday (12/12). We can’t believe how fast time flies.
- Weight: 23 lbs, 8.4 oz (61.47%, which is up from the 34th percentile at 9 months)
- Height: 28.25 inches (8.6%, which is up from the 2.2nd percentile at 9 months, WOOHOO!)
His head circumference, per usual, was huge. He’s in the 90th percentile (at his 9 month appointment, his head was in the 80th percentile).
He also met this monthly milestones:
- Pick up an object from the floor while standing
- Says several words (“More” is still his favorite, but he also says “Mama,” “Dada,” “doggie,” and “Gigi.” He sounds like he’s starting to learn the word “bottle” – i.e. “baba”)
- Stand without holding on
- Drink from a sippy cup (that milestone came a lot later than we expected!)
- Put objects into containers
- Holds out an arm or leg to help getting dressed
- Looks in the right direction when asked to locate somethng (usually “Where’s Gigi?”)
- Rolls a ball back and forth, until he decides that he doesn’t want to share
Although we don’t plan on taking monthly pictures any more (we’re admittedly relieved to stop), we will try and keep you posted about his milestones.